Monday, March 28, 2011

Patty Melts

     This is a HUUUUGE favorite around my house. They DO tend to take a bit of time to make when you are cooking for a family of 4 or 5... So freaking worth it- this is another one of those meals that my mom raves about. If I'm making Patty Melts for dinner- I can almost always be sure she is going to eat that night. We have tried Patty Melts at a couple restaurants and even she agrees whole heartedly that mine are better. SCOOOOOORE!!! :)


They may not LOOK like anything special- but they are absolutely delicious!


PATTY MELTS:
  • 1 large yellow onion
  • 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
  • 2 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tbsp Parsley (use fresh if you have it, otherwise use the dried kind)
  • Ground Chuck (MUST be ground chuck for best flavor- I've tried others- it DOES make a difference) also- I usually use a good 3lbs of meat but I make 6-8 of em for my family and my old man's lunch the next day. You'll probably use less meat. LOL
  • Swiss cheese slices (two for each sandwich) reduced fat Swiss works well, also.
  • Rye bread- whatever kind of Rye is your favorite... I mean, besides me. :D
  • Butter or Margarine

  1. Slice your onions and saute them in a hot pan with about a Tbsp of butter until translucent. Add your Balsamic Vinegar halfway through cook time and stir well to coat. (takes about 6-7 minutes)
  2. Take your ground chuck and slap it into a bowl. Salt and pepper it, add your garlic powder if you are using it, and add your parsley. Mix well without OVER mixing.
  3. Shape meat into long oval shaped patties. Cook in hot skillet for about 7 minutes on each side. (depends on how rare or well done you like your meat. You may need more time, so eyeball it and check often!)
  4. Now when patties are just about done, in separate pan or griddle butter one side of your Rye bread. (Just like a grilled cheese sandwich) Top with a slice of Swiss, a generous helping of yummy onions, add a patty, and another slice of Swiss. Top with another slice of buttered Rye bread and CAREFULLY flip sandwich over just til other side is browned.
Dig In!!! Just typing this out has me craving a patty melt. Mmmmmmmmm *droooool*
8:31 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad