Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Low Carb White Enchilada Sauce

A while back, I posted a recipe for my Easy Cheesy White Chicken Enchiladas. They were delicious. (Tho the pictures from back then were terrible. Please don't judge me! 😂)

Then I started keto and realized I couldn't really have those anymore. So I set to work on making a low carb bake version, minus the tortillas. It turned out delicious and was filling, but it still wasn't quite the same without the tortillas!

Then one day I got a notification through Instagram that happy_lowcarb_mom had remade them using cutdacarb flatbread. How freaking genius is that?!? I had never even thought about using low carb wraps or tortillas. DUH! Hers seriously looked AHMAZING. 

So I decided to use some low carb tortillas in place of the carb heavy ones and whipped up a batch using my low carb bake recipe. Turned out great. Even my nineteen year old carb obsessed son loved them. (Have I mentioned that I got him on board with keto?? Yup! Score!!)

Anyways, the other night I was thinking about how I wanted to try and simplify the sauce. I was a bit hesitant to attempt it cuz it was already so good and I didn't want to waste ingredients cuz, hello, we are broke more often than not! But the little voice inside my stomach urged me to try anyways. 

Why are you looking at me that way? Doesn't everyone have a little voice inside their stomach?

Folks, I am SO happy that I listened to that voice cuz HO...LY... YUM!!! It takes more simple ingredients, it cooks up quicker, and... I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but it tastes even better!
Keto enchilada sauce

Ok, enough story telling. Let's get to the whole reason you came here, shall we?

You need:
  • 1/2 stick of butter (so 4 Tbsp)
  • 1 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • Sprinkle of salt and pepper
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
  • 1 small can diced green chilies

  1. In a medium to large saucepan, melt your butter over medium heat. Add your cream cheese and whisk like crazy till it is fully mixed in. It looks a little weird, but don't worry!
  2. Slowly whisk in your chicken broth and then slowly whisk in your heavy cream. 
  3. Add in your salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Whisk well. 
  4. Add your parmesan and Monterey jack and whisk again. 
  5. Let it simmer for just a couple minutes to thicken it up. Whisk it again, turn off the heat, and stir in your diced green chilies.
That's it. How easy was that?! Use it however you want it. I'm definitely going to be throwing it over some Chicken enchiladas using low carb tortillas. I cannot wait! 

This recipe doubles beautifully, too, in case you want to make a bigger batch. I would double everything except the chilies.. tho that's just me. I suppose you totally could double those, too..

If you try this, please come on back and comment. I'd love to know what you think!



4:35 PM / by / 2 Comments

2 comments:

Post Top Ad