Friday, September 28, 2018

Low Carb Enchiladas

I've been hard at work in the kitchen. 

Ok, maybe not hard at work, cuz really, I love working in the kitchen. There is nothing like watching people enjoy a meal that I've put together with my own two hands.. Seriously, it brings so much joy to my heart!

I've been experimenting a lot in the kitchen lately, trying to make more of my family's favorite comfort meals into low carb/ keto comfort meals. That's not always the easiest thing to do. The other day, I managed to perfect my Cheesy White Enchilada Sauce, which I was so excited about. But how would it all taste together?


So I set to work and got my hands dirty, working on my Easy Cheesy White Chicken Enchiladas. 
Keto enchiladas

And it was so so SO worth it. They came out absolutely delicious and so very filling. My family absolutely raved over them. And that is a major win in my book!

It is so super simple, and so ridiculously yummy. 

You need:

  • 1 to 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs (depends on how many people you are trying to feed. I used about a pound and half, which made enough enchiladas to feed 4 of us with some left AND some chicken leftover to use in another new recipe that's coming soon!) 
  • 1/2 Tbsp paprika
  • 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • Sprinkle of salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack
  • Low carb tortillas of your choice
  • My low carb White enchilada sauce
  1. Throw your chicken into a crock pot with the seasonings and the 1/2 cup of water. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. (All crock pots cook differently. Yours may take more or less time) 
  2. Whip up your sauce using recipe linked above. You can make this sauce a day or two in advance if you need to! Just heat it up and stir it well when you're ready to use it!
  3. When chicken is done, preheat your oven to 375° and spray a baking dish with nonstick spray. Spread a liiiittle bit of your enchilada sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Not a lot, just enough to help keep the bottoms from getting too crispy. 
  4. Place the chicken into a large bowl and shred it. Add 1 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese to the chicken and mix it up. 
  5. Take some Chicken/ cheese mixture and place it on top of a tortilla. Roll it up nice and tight and place it, seam side down, into the baking dish. Repeat till you've used all your tortillas 
  6. Pour your Enchilada sauce on top of the rolled up tortillas and top with remaining cup of Monterey Jack Cheese. 
  7. Pop into the oven for 15 minutes, til cheese is all melted and bubbly. 
  8. Serve it up and enjoy!!!
So incredibly simple and tasty, right?! This will most definitely be going into regular rotation at my house. 

You simply must try this! Don't forget to come on back and let me know what you think! I love comments. 😉😘


11:11 AM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad