Monday, March 28, 2011

It's been a while...

I haven't been very good with updating this blog lately, now have I? Sorry, sorry, sorryyyyy. I have been super busy with redoing my bedroom and lots of stuff going on with the kiddies as well as the typical laundry list of things to do that you inherit when you become domesticated. Hey, I'm not complaining.... much. ;) I'm actually sitting here right now in the midst of a panic attack, so you know I love you readers. Well, that and I figured what better thing to do to get my mind occupied? LOL But I still love ya! <3

Although with everything going on, one thing hasn't changed: the cooking and baking remain. I think that is one thing that wont ever change. It really truly is my little piece of sanity, my refuge from a crazy world. When things are overwhelming, I love that I can just go into the kitchen, pop on my MP3 player loaded with my favorite songs (my second lifeline, really) bust out some ingredients, focus on the task at hand and create something delicious.

I have been baking up a storm. In fact, I find it kind of funny that most of the baking I have been doing has been the same cake, or a variation of the same cake- and it's a cake that I don't even like! That particular cake is the Tres Leches Cake. My mom went stark raving MAAAD for this cake. (HUUUUUGE compliment there.) I've made it several times in just the last 2 or 3 weeks. It is definitely a time consuming recipe, but so worth it. Or so I'm told, because remember, I personally don't like it. LOL Although I have made a variation of it- Coconut Tres Leches Bites- which i DO like. And sometime this week I will be experimenting with a Chocolate Tres Leches. I'm SUUUUURE I will like that one. And of course, I will be posting pics as I make more. Success or failure, it doesn't matter much to me. I get stronger and better at each thing I fail at. Couldn't possibly be that I'm a Taurus and have a nasty stubborn streak! Nooooo! Not at all!

OH! AAAAAAND I have a new camera, which I am SO excited about. Some of the pics I will be posting have been taken with it- but not most of them. All of my pics after what I post today will be taken with it though, so you will be able to see all the yummy little details. :) So anyways, I'm back and have lots of stuff that I'm looking forward to posting, and I hope you look forward to reading. And awaaaay we goooooo!

Lucy kneading dough


6:18 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad