Friday, July 21, 2017

Keto Crescent Rolls



Will you just look at that deliciousness right there?! Absolutely glorious, I tell you!

Have I ever told you that I had an obsession with bread? Like... A serious obsession. In a typical day I would have a bagel (or two) for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, I'd snack on some bread and butter while cooking dinner, and then with dinner I had to have some kind of bread. Rolls to dunk in my soup... Bread to sop up any extra sauce on my plate... Oh yes! 

Of course that was pre Keto. And for the most part I don't miss it. (Who have I become?!) But there is always an exception, isn't there? Like, tonight I made an Italian sausage lasagna bake and I simply cannot have lasagna without bread or rolls. I mean the lasagna was noodle free- isn't that enough?! I was determined to stick it out, tho. I do have goals after all. 

So I started thinking about fat head dough and how versatile it is. Hmmm... Could I turn it into crescent rolls? So I got to work whipping up a batch to test it out. Now, when I make Fathead dough I always omit the egg. 

There is a very important reason why I omit the egg. 

Are you ready for this?? 

Okay you got me. There's no important reason. I just forgot to add an egg while making it one time and quickly realized that it didn't really make a difference.

 So now I always just leave it out. 

Anyways I whipped up a batch of dough, rolled it out into a 12 x 9 rectangle, cut it into triangles, rolled them up, and threw those bad boys in the oven. 

While they didn't puff up quite as much as traditional crescent rolls they still turned out fantastic! And let me tell you I sopped up every bit of sauce on my plate with them. This makes me one very happy camper!

Want to make some of these delicious em effers yourself? It's so easy you won't believe it. So let's jump right it before I completely bore you to tears. 

  • 1 and 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella  (NOT the fresh ball kind. Buy the stuff in the bag, just make sure you get part skim for this)
  • 3/4 cup super fine almond flour
  • 2 Tbsp cream cheese (yes, full fat) 
  • I  tsp garlic powder (optional) 
  • 2 tsp dried parsley (optional) 
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. In a large bowl, add all of your ingredients. 
  3. Mix it up a bit and pop it into the microwave for 1 minute. 
  4. Give it a good stir and put back into the microwave for 30 more seconds. Remove and give it a really good stir until it resembles dough. (This really only takes about 20 to 30 seconds!)
  5. Place a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet. Put your dough on top of the paper and place another sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough. 
  6. Roll the dough into about a 12 x 9 rectangle. Remove top sheet of paper. 
  7. Cut down the middle of the dough, long ways. Now, cut triangles down each half. (Think of how the canned crescent rolls are when you take em out of the can and unroll them. That's what you're going for.)
  8. Roll each triangle up in crescent roll fashion. Don't press them down too tightly!
  9. Bake for 6 to 10 minutes till golden.. Mine were done around 7 minutes, but yours could be more or less. So watch em!
  10. Devour these and live happily keto after!!
(Because nutritional info varies greatly depending on what brands you use, if you need the nutritional info, plug the ingredients into an app like My Fitness Pal. Mine came out to 2.3 g Net Carbs. Again, yours may vary!)

I hope you try these and I hope you enjoy them. Be sure to come on back here and let me know what you think! I love hearing from you! 
11:36 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad