Saturday, June 3, 2017

Living La Vida Keto

Ok.. so now I have that Ricky Martin song stuck in my head.. I know, I have no one to blame but myself. 😂

A couple months ago I wrote about how I had started Keto and then I kinda dropped off the face of the earth. Well, the blogging earth, at least. So I thought I should get around to sharing my progress.

As of today, I have been living the Keto life for exactly 122 days and loving (almost) every minute of it. In my very first month, I lost a whopping 23 lbs! If course after that, things slowed down drastically. I'm not even gonna lie, I was a bit disappointed that it slowed down so much. I figured that because I weighed so much and had so much to lose, that I'd have at least a couple months of killer losses. That's not the case for me. But after some thought, I'm ok with that. 

My biggest hurdle in keto has been stalls and usually they are my own fault. To explain, I had a gnarly soda habit. To kick the soda, I drank Monster energy drinks. When I went keto, I was sad to give them up... till one day I found low carb Monster. I was elated!!

 About two months later,
after hitting stall after stall, I came to realize that it was something in the Monster that was causing them. Don't get me wrong, lots of people can drink them with no issues. And that's great but I'm not one of them. So, I stopped drinking them and started losing again. Then started drinking them again. I'm one of those people that if I have certain things even once, I have to have more. And more. And more. So my plan of only having an occasional Monster? Nope. That doesn't work for me. 

Anywaaaays, enough about my Monster obsession.. I've seen so many people lose a seriously dramatic amount of weight on keto.. and you see SUCH a noticeable difference in their body right away. That is such an awesome thing and I get so happy for them when I see that. My body on the other hand? Well, no matter what plan I'm doing, my body is one stubborn mother fucker. It will hold onto every single inch for months! I got to 42 lbs lost before my clothes even remotely became looser on me. And that was only 1 pair of pants! 

Finally just 6lbs later, literally overnight, I went to put on my size 24 jeans (which had become so tight that I couldn't get them up passed my knees) and they were too big. Tried on size 20's and they were baggy. Tried on 2x leggings and they fit beautifully! So then I grabbed a size 18 pair of jeans. I figured, eh, I'll try them on over the leggings. Cuz they're not going to fit and then I can tell myself "ohhh, it's ok. It's cuz you have the leggings on." (Ohhh the lies we tell ourselves!) But guess what? THEY FIT!! 

Today, I am officially down 50 lbs and my body is finally starting to show a difference. Which makes me super happy. Cuz let me tell you, it sucks to be doing everything right but to not be able to see a difference. To still be wearing the same size clothing. That is so discouraging. My before pic wasn't even close to how big I was when I started Keto.. I was at least 30 lbs heavier than that pic. (I have full body before pics, but I'm not ready to share them yet. Lol)

Am I where I need to be yet? Not even close. I still have a good 100 lbs to lose. (Really, I do.. That outfit is just really flattering.) But I'm closer than I've been in a very long time. And for the first time ever, I'm absolutely confident that I'll get there. I WILL FINISH THIS!

My mom started Keto the day after I did, after much persuading. And she's down about the same amount. And it is VERY noticeable on her! Look at her progress!! Like me, her before pic wasn't even her heaviest. I can't even tell you how proud of her I am. She's stuck to keto like glue. Oh and did I mention that her Dr told her she's no longer diabetic? YUP!!! How awesome is that?!

I'll continue to update you on our progress as we get further along. 
9:09 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad