Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Struggling to wake up early?

I sure was! I am very much a night owl, and have been for as long as I can remember. As a teen, I'd stay up till the wee hours of the morning, drawing, writing, listening to music, and sneaking the phone into my room so I could talk to my boyfriend all night. Lol Needless to say, this stuck with me over the years.
As an adult, wife, and mama, the struggle remained. Only now, I *couldn't* sleep, so I busied myself til the wee hours of the morning, baking, cleaning, doing laundry, feeding babies.... etc. Or just sitting there doing nothing but enjoying the silence, because let's face it, with a 15 year old, 10 year old, 2 year old, and 4 dogs in my house silence is GOLDEN. Unless they're awake, then someone is doing something they shouldn't be doing. Anyways, each night, I'd:

I'd set SIX alarms, staggered to go off 5 to 15 minutes apart. It didn't work. ☆ So I made my alarms go off with my favorite LOUD songs. Nope, no success. If anything, that startled me and so I aquired lightning-fast-turn-that-alarm off-reflexes. I went to bed earlier, still no success!
Finally, I have found the magic solution! It works without fail, every single time. And it was so incredibly "DUH" that I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. Are you ready for it? I don't think you are... Lol Ok, my secret is......
Right before bed, I drink a big glass of water. By the time morning comes, I have 2 choices: GET UP NOW or pee the bed! That's a pretty easy decision, uh? Lol I sometimes even beat my alarm clock. Unheard of for me! If you struggle to get out of bed, you gotta give this a try. Not only do I get up and out of bed now, but I move fast, too. Lol
Do you pop out of bed? Or do you struggle?
7:49 AM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad