Saturday, September 29, 2018

Keto Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup

Today was a beautifully chilly day. I don't even want to talk about the fact that it is supposed to be 81° on Monday.. Let's just pretend that's not going to happen.

I am a sucker for soup on a chilly day. Especially homemade soup that's been cooking away in the crock pot, filling my home with delicious smells. 

One of my faaavorite soups is Chicken Tortilla Soup. Which is, as I'm sure you've figured out, NOT keto friendly. 

Well, it is now! And I think I might just like this version even better. 
Delicious Keto Soup

I wasn't sure if it was going to work out in real life the way it did in my head, but it totally did! 

Don't you just love when that happens?! I know I sure do!

And it came together like a dream. So so soooo easy. The end result is perfectly creamy, not gritty or grainy, which I'm guessing is from adding the cream cheese and cream in towards the end. It's cheesy without being overwhelming or salty. Did I mention it's super filling, too? Yessssssss.

You need:
  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 1 tsp Chili Powder
  • 1 tsp Paprika
  • 1 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 8 oz low carb salsa (I used Paul Newman's)
  • 6 oz Cream Cheese, cubed
  • 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded Mexican Blend cheese
  1. Throw your chicken into the crockpot. Season with all of the seasonings and add the chicken broth and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. 
  2. After 4 hours, shred the chicken and put it back into the crockpot. Add the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, and cheeses. Stir well, cover and put crockpot on low for one more hour. 
  3. Serve it up and savor every bite!
That's it! I topped mine with (low carb)  tortilla strips that I baked up in the oven and a little extra pepper Jack cheese on top. 

This is a perfect hearty meal for any chilly evening. I already can't wait to enjoy the leftovers tomorrow! 

I hope you love this as much as my family and I did tonight. What's your favorite chilly weather keto soup? 
8:03 PM / by / 11 Comments

11 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely DELICIOUS? I’ll let you know how it turns out when I try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss! I can't wait to hear what you think of it! 💗

      Delete
  2. I made this and I absolutely love it! ��
    I was wondering how many carbs per serving and what is considered a serving?
    Thank you so much for sharing a delicious �� soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAAAY! It makes me so very happy to hear that you loved it. I'm actually making it again this week and I'm super excited to enjoy it again. Lol Different brands have different nutritional info, but what I used came out to 4.5 NET carbs per serving. It makes 6 servings, tho I honestly got closer to 8 servings out of it because it was so filling. You are so very welcome, thank YOU for coming back to let me know what you thought! I greatly appreciate it! 💗💗💗

      Delete
    2. *also, the 4.5 Net carbs are for the 6 servings.. if you manage to get more than 6 servings out of it, the carb count will be even lower. 😉

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You are most welcome! Have a great weekend! 😃

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you happen to know how many weight watcher points this would come to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could help you with that, but I haven't followed WW in years. Not sure how that all works anymore! What info do you need to help you calculate it?

      Delete
  6. This soup is delicious! I use a low carb creamy avocado salsa and it's so rich and flavorful. Definitely one of my favorite soups.

    ReplyDelete

Post Top Ad