Sunday, January 25, 2015

What I Love About Roller Derby...

There is just so damn much that I love about Roller Derby, but I'll try to keep in short and to the point...

I love the true sense of sisterhood and the never ending support and encouragement that my Derby Sisters give. That for the first time in my life, I feel like I've finally found someplace that I fit in, and am accepted, quirks and all.

I love that it pushes me to give my all. That it promises nothing, but offers everything, if you work for it. It pushes me outside of my comfort zone. Pushes me to constantly try and get better.

I love that when I lace up, get out there, and skate, I feel truly free. It calms the mosh pit of endless thoughts that bounce around in my head. I could be having the worst day ever, riddled with anxiety and stress, but once I start skating, it all just melts away.

I love the confidence I am gaining from it, and the way I am watching my body transform. I still have a long way to go on my weight loss journey, but it's happening more quickly with skating and I'm feeling muscles that I never knew I had.

And I LOVE that even if only for an hour and a half during practice, I cease to be mommy, taxi driver, chef, nutritionist, counselor, referee, bath giver, dog taker outer, poop cleaner upper, and the other hundred other hats I tend to wear each day. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mommy and wearing each and every one of those hats and I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world, but for one little moment in time, I get to just be... ME. And that is a pretty awesome thing. ♡

1:25 AM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad