Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy happy birthday to my baby!

  
First ever fondant cake (and duck. lol). Not happy with it but I guess I have to start somewhere, uh?

      I cannot believe that my sweet little baby is already 1 year old. This year really flew by! I swear it was just yesterday that I heard my dr say to me, "Guess what? You're going to the hospital and having this baby TODAY." I remember calling Mr on the phone and telling him. And his excitement. And then his disbelief when I told him "Ummm no. No way. I'm going home first." He tried to convince me to go straight to the hospital, but that just wasn't happening. We had NOTHING ready. I didn't even have a hospital bag packed as I wasn't due for another 2 weeks.

     I went home, and as I looked around the house, panic set in. Rooms weren't finished being cleaned. Meals hadn't been prepared and put in the freezer. Where was my time? I needed... more... time! I was due May 24th, but baby J had her own plans. In the middle of packing a bag, I started freaking out and pointing to the dry erase calendar. "SEE? She's supposed to be here closer to THEN!" Mike took the marker and drew an arrow from May 24th to May 10th and said "Well, she's coming TODAY."

     When I held my brand new beautiful baby girl in my arms that night, I cried. Watching each little breath she took, counting each chubby finger and toe, smelling her thick black hair... (ohhh the clean baby smell. I'm telling you, someone should bottle that smell. They'd make a fortune!) I was sort of still in shock that we actually had another baby. Hell, sometimes I'm STILL in shock that we have another baby. lol

It has truly been a whirlwind of a year, and my baby J was the absolute highlight of it all. She has opened my heart even further than I thought possible. To my sweet baby girl, mommy wishes you a VERY happy birthday. And I hope that I have given you as much happiness as you have given me this first year. I love you baby girl.
At birth
4 months old
6 months old
10 months old
11 months old
The Birthday Girl. 1 year old.

7:00 AM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad