Friday, June 7, 2013

Eating Clean...

     I have embarked on a whole new way of eating, for me at least. Eating Clean. While I do always try to make as much of my family's meals from scratch, as often as possible, we were still totally guilty of eating a lot of processed, well, crap. Chips and cookies and snack cake like things with lunches, white bread, white sugar, lots of white pasta... etc. I had been hearing about clean eating a lot for a long while now but never really figured that it was for me. Just seemed like a lot of work and lets face it, with everything else I do around this house, who wants to be stuck in the kitchen all day?!? Oh wait, that's right, I usually AM in the kitchen all day anyways! So why not change things up and spend that time preparing more healthful things?

     It's really just about cutting all of the processed crap out of meals and snacks. Choosing wheats and grains over white, cutting out as much added sugars as possible, choosing fruits and vegetables over junk food, making water the beverage of choice. The more I read up on it, the more I realize that this is not nonsense, this is common sense! There are many different forms of clean eating, ranging from fairly relaxed to extremely strict. We are falling somewhere in the middle.

     We have only been doing this for a week now and for the moment, I am being less strict on the hubby and kiddies with it. This is a HUGE adjustment for them and I don't want to completely shock them. For myself, I'm going as strict as I can while still having it be "doable." After only 1 week, I have so much more energy, I feel so much better. I'm excited to keep this up and see where it takes me. :)

Some of our breakfasts:
Egg white scramble on low sugar whole grain toast, with a sprinkle of natural cheddar and some strawberries.
Spinach and feta egg whites, low sugar whole grain toast with natural peanut butter and fruit.
egg whites with spinach and leftover greek turkey burger crumbles with low fat cottage cheese and fruit.
And some of our dinners:
sirloin steak, salad with cinnamon sweet potato and apple medley.
Chicken breast, brown rice, broccoli and carrots jazzed up with some fresh lemon.


12:47 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad