Monday, October 21, 2013

Whoa! Would you say THAT to your best friend?!?

"Holy crap! That dress makes your ass look huge!"
"Ugh! Look at how fat you are!"
"You're disgusting!"
"A fat lazy blob! That's what you are!"

How many of you would say that to your best friend?

Now, how many of you talk like that to yourselves?

See where I'm going with this? If you wouldn't say that kind of stuff to your best friend, why the hell would you say it to yourself?? Shouldn't we be our own best friend and support system instead of our own biggest critic and worst enemy?

I will fully admit that I am guilty of doing this far too often, myself. It is something I struggle with every single day, every time I pass by a mirror. But I am working on that and I urge you to as well! Some of my usuals thoughts are "My belly is so fat and disgusting!" "My legs are huge!" Gawd, my breasts sag too much!" "Move over Batman- just look at these bat wings under my arms!" and "My ears stick out too much!" "Why am I so fat?!?" This list can go on and on. If I were to tell you that my husband was the one saying all of this to me on a daily basis, would you say that it qualified as a form of abuse? More than likely, yes. But guess what? Saying it to ourselves is STILL abuse.

I urge you to stop the self hate! There are always going to be plenty of haters out there to do that for you. Take a moment today to stand in front of a mirror and look at yourself with kinder eyes. Look at yourself through the eyes you would use to look at your best friend, or your daughter. I want you to replace the negative thoughts with positive thoughts! This doesn't mean that you have to accept that you will forever be this way. You can still change things, I am still losing weight. But I refuse to further tear myself down in the process!

My belly helped support 3 babies and kept them safe and sound for 9 months each.
My legs are strong and powerful!
My breasts provided nourishment for my beautiful babies and helped them thrive.
My arms have cradled and rocked my babies, and comforted and hugged them as they have grown.
My ears have alerted me to their cries when they needed me and I get to hear their never ending fighting laughter as they play.
And I am NOT fat. I have fat. There is a difference!

Find those positives and celebrate them, my friends! You are beautiful just the way you are!
9:36 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad