Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Slooooow Cooked Honey Balsamic Pulled Pork:

Oh yessss, baby, Git in ma bellaaay.

Pefectly sweet and tangy. Mostly "clean" eating approved (darn you Worcestershire sauce!!!) and best of all? You basically toss it all into the crock pot in the morning and you are as good as done! Think of all the things you could do while you're not standing there cooking?!? Read a book! Paint your nails! Take a bubble bath! Watch a movie- uninterrupted! 

Awww snap, wait. I'm a mom. None of that is happening. Mine is more like this: Stop the toddler from chewing on her book. Scrub the nail polish off of my toddler's face and legs (I swear this kid has a stash of my nail polish hidden somewhere). UGH Scrub the bath tub while dreeeaming of taking a nice, hot, candle lit bubble bath... dreaming cuz I still don't comfortably fit into our tiny ass tub. Maaaaybe I can turn on a movie after all the kids go to bed, tho. And just maaaaaybe I'll make it more than halfway through before I crash out asleep. lol

Back to dinner!

You will need:
1 (2-3 pound) shoulder pork roast
salt and pepper
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup low sodium beef broth
  1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Mrs Dash extra spicy seasoning

  • Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Season all sides of the roast and plop it into the slow cooker. Now I'm sure you already know this, but I don't want anyone telling me that I didn't tell them this. hehehe So, go wash your hands. Seriously. We don't want you getting raw pork juices all over everything, right? 
  • Drizzle the honey all over the top of the roast. Coat that baby well. Toss the minced garlic right on top.
  •  In a separate bowl, mix together beef broth, Balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and Mrs Dash. Pour over the top of the roast. 
  • Cover and cook on low for at least 8 hours. You could cook it on high for 5-6 hours but in my experience, the meat just doesn't get as "fall apart tender" after cooking it on high.
  • Pull the meat apart a bit with 2 forks or a pair of tongs, toss it around in the juices a bit, and then serve that bad boy UP!
That is it, my friends. Minimal work and ohhh so damn yummy!
7:37 PM / by / 2 Comments

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to give this a try. It is officially on my menu for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Theresa! I sure hope you enjoyed it! You can whip up a really yummy gravy with the juices, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post Top Ad