Sunday, July 1, 2018

Luau Party

This weekend we got to celebrate my middle daughter's 8th Grade graduation. I started planning it about a month in advance so that we'd be able to put a bit of money aside each week to prepare for it. I had such awesome visions for the party.

Luau party

However, life happens, as it tends to do, and we just had too many bills to pay each week to be able to accomplish want I wanted. 

So we ordered a few cute decorations like the backdrop and the foil for the waterfall in the pic above. We also ordered a big grass skirt to go on part of the pool deck. Oh, and a bunch of leis and lei headbands, of course. (which were SO cute, btw!!)

Here's my Josie, modeling them. 
Luau party lei headbands

Then we set to work painting an empty diaper box to turn it into a card box to hold her cards. 
Front of the box:
Card box for luau party

Back of the box:
Luau party card box

And we painted some empty soda cases and turned them into Tiki. 
Luau party diy Tiki
And we whipped up some yummy cupcakes and decorated them with these super cute wrappers and picks.
Luau Party Cupcakes

Cupcakes for Luau Party

We had some ridiculously hot weather, much too hot for baby Gwen (who is just 9 weeks old now) so I stayed in the house with her for most of the party and didn't get any pics of everyone... Which was kind of a bummer, but the party wasn't for me anyways. And my Lucy loved her party and she had such a great time with her friends, so it was all worth it!

Seriously, I can't wait to throw another Luau party! I think I need to start saving up money NOW. 😂
1:59 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad