Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ohhhh you heavenly piece of deliciousness, you! Deep Dish Cookie Pie, that's MUCH healthier.

Ohhhh Chocolate Covered Katie, you've done it again! This Deep Dish Cookie Pie turned out deeelicious! And I'll let you in on a little secret... They are made with garbanzo beans! Whaaaaaaat?? I know, right? Much healthier, (they DO contain sugar) but they taste JUST like a thick and chewy chocolate chip cookie. 

The Mr, my mama, and my kiddies LOVED this. My son said "Ok mom, more black bean brownie stuff, right?" I said "Nope! I promise you there is not a single black bean in these!" Theeen after he ate it I told him "No black beans. Just 2 cans of garbanzo beans." BAHAHAHA And he still wanted seconds. (I said no. I mean, after all, these bad boys are all mine  are quite thick and filling.)

healthy chocolate chip cookie pie

Hellooooo there, beautiful! I topped them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and believe it or not, I actually liked it better without the ice cream! I cannot urge you enough to go check out Katie's site. The recipe for the Deep Dish Cookie Pie is here. You DO NEED either a good quality food processor or a very high powered blender like the Vitamix. (This batter even gave my Vitamix a run for it's money!)

9:08 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad