Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sometimes it's a "suck your spit for dinner" kind of night. But not tonight.

So, we all had a really late lunch today, and everyone was nice and full. When 5:45 rolled around and everyone was talking about how full they still were, I thought I had gotten off the hook for dinner. WHEEEEEE!!!! My mind soared. What was I going to do with that extra hour or two? I could blog... No! I could take a bath and paint my nails... Noooo! I could do nothing at all. Just sit on my ass and enjoy some "mommy is watching TV so please Shhhhh" time. 

7:00 rolled around and it started. The dreaded question "what's for dinner" started getting thrown at me like rocks. Wait... what? It's 7:00. Are you serious?? Siiiigh. Now, I'm not gonna lie. The tired broad in me secretly wanted to say "you want dinner this late? Ok, suck your spit", but, the nice mommy in me got to work and whipped up a VERY quick, tasty, AND way delicious batch of "pizza" soup.(Tho in all honesty, it almost tastes more like a lasagna soup, but if you remember from my previous post about Skillet Lasagna, you'll know I love my lasagna. So that's quite alright with me.)

Crisis averted and there was  absolutely no sucking of spit involved and everyone is happy.
  • 1 (16 oz) pack of extra lean ground turkey 
  • a few slices of turkey pepperoni, diced
  • 28 oz of tomato sauce 
  • 1 can of Italian style diced tomatoes
  • a handful of spinach, chopped up
  • 2 cups of water 
  • 2 tsp of Italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp garlic, minced
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat elbow macaroni noodles
  • reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese to top with
  1.  In a large pot, brown your ground turkey with the minced garlic. Toss in your diced pepperoni.
  2. Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, spinach, water, Italian seasoning, and bay leaf. Bring to a low boil.
  3. Add the noodles, stir, and let simmer for about 15 minutes or just until the noodles are done.
  4. Serve it up with some shredded mozzarella on top.
Tell me that's not delish!

9:21 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad