Saturday, November 30, 2013

Skillet Lasagna

Sometimes, I get a wicked taste for lasagna. And more often, I really don't feel like actually making lasagna. And furthermore, my Italian ass (*cough* I'm a mutt and only partially Italian *cough*) is quite picky with lasagna and only use the best ingredients I can afford when making one, soooo lack of money dictates that I don't make one very often.

Those are the times when I break out my recipe and whip up the bad boy. Every bit as delicious with hardly any work at all! Oh, and did I mention, this is actually a pretty healthy dish? Well, it is! Healthier and tasty. Winning combination, for sure!

YOU NEED:

●1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
●1 large onion, chopped
●3 garlic cloves, minced
●2 (14.5 oz) cans Italian diced tomatoes, drained
●1/2 cup tomato sauce
●1/4 tsp black pepper
●1 tsp sea salt
●2 tsp Italian seasoning
●1/2 cup skim ricotta cheese
●1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
●1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
●1 cup whole wheat elbow macaroni noodles, cooked
●2 tablespoons parsley (dried or fresh)

DIRECTIONS:

1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook til softened, about 4 minutes.

2. Add garlic and cook til fragrant, just about one minute. Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.

3. Cook mixture til it thickens up a bit, about 5 minutes. Add noodles to skillet and stir into the mixture well.

4. Add scoops of ricotta cheese over the noodles and add your mozzarella and Parmesan. Now add the parsley and give that bad boy a good stir.

5. Cook for about 5 more minutes, or til mixture has thickened up a bit. Serve immediately with additional basil or parsley.

8:33 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad