Monday, November 4, 2013

Mouthgasm alert! You've been warned!

When I was dealing with Gestational Diabetes with my last pregnancy, I had found that surprise surprise- pizza spiked my sugar levels. Lol I know, it should've been obvious that it would, but I was well over 300 lbs and my eating habits weren't good at all. So I truly was surprised. And very upset. Not my pizza! You can't take away my pizza!
So I started making tortilla pizzas. Tortilla, sauce, lots of toppings. Just as good! But recently, I didn't have sauce and had a taste for pizza without wasting all my calories. (not to mention all that grease and fat!)
What's a broad to do? Simple! Just don't use sauce. That was a real "duh" moment for me. Haha!! Guess what? I didn't even miss the sauce! Neither did my kiddies, hubby, or my mom. SCOOOORE!!! I'm not listing amounts here, because I don't measure for this. It's really about how much of each ingredient you like.

You Will Need:
● Large whole grain tortillas
● Large tomato sliced on the thin side
● Mozzarella cheese, shredded
● Fresh Spinach, chopped
● Garlic Powder
● Dried (or fresh) parsley
● Nonstick cooking spray or olive oil spray

Check out how crazy easy this is!

1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2 Spray a cookie sheet with your spray. Place a tortilla on the sheet and give the top side a quick spray. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder.
3. Lightly sprinkle some cheese on the tortilla. This is to keep the juice from the tomato from soaking through.
4. Place tomatoes across the tortilla. Top with more cheese. Sprinkle on the chopped spinach on and top with parsley. Sometimes I sprinkle a little parmesan on top, too.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
That's it! How freaking easy was that? Now taste it... I'll wait. ..
.... I know, right??  YUM!!! You're welcome! ;)
4:58 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad