Friday, November 1, 2013

Back on track! All abooooard!!

I had fallen off the Clean Eating wagon for a while and maaaan is it hard to get back on track after going back to eating crap. We weren't doing fast food, and we weren't eating as bad as before, but we were eating a lot of processed crap.

It still amazes me how much eating the wrong or right foods can affect your body. You eat like crap, you feel like crap. You're tired, sluggish, crabby, bloated...etc. But you eat the right foods to fuel your body properly, and you feel like you can move mountains!

Just one day back on track and I already feel great. It was hard  to have those cravings and not automatically give in to them. But in resisting, my eyes were again opened to the fact that I CAN do this. I can resist. I may not always want to, but I have the power to say "no". Somewhere along the way, I had forgotten that. It all comes down to good old mind over matter. You have to want the end result more than you want the momentary satisfaction a craving, or worse, a binge, will bring. And I want that end result. I want MY end result.

Some of my food today:

Breakfast: Homemade Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Muffin with 1 Tbsp of natural peanut butter and cottage cheese with grapes.

Snack: an apple, sliced, with a Tbsp of warmed natural peanut butter drizzled over it, topped with granola.

Lunch: a salad with lettuce, spinach, chicken breast, feta, shredded carrots, grapes, and a few pine nuts with organic balsamic vinaigrette.

Dinner: Pumpkin  Chili. Ohhhh Lord that stuff was DELICIOUS! And I'm not a big fan of pumpkin. Lol

10:29 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad