Sunday, July 6, 2014

Salsa Chicken Stuffed Peppers

I have been craving Stuffed Peppers, like nobody's business lately. The thing is, I'm really not a fan of them. Cravings?? Before you ask, no, I'm not pregnant. Lol So I started thinking up ways I could tweak them to better appeal to my tastebuds. I must say, I'm pretty freaking excited with how delicious they turned out. You should totally give them a try. And then you should let me know what you think! :)

 What you need:
☆ 3 bell peppers, color of your choice, sliced in half and de-seeded
☆ 1 cup of cooked quinoa
☆ 1 can of organic black beans, rinsed and drained
☆ 8 oz of organic salsa
☆ 1  1/2 cups leftover salsa chicken

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Combine your quinoa, salsa chicken, salsa, and black beans. Mix very well.
3. Place peppers in a baking dish and fill each pepper half with chicken mixture.
4. Cover baking dish with foil and cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until peppers have reached desired tenderness.
Top with a little cheese, if you'd like, and wolf those bad boys down! :)
10:58 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad