Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas and Why I Won't Be Shamed Into Not Posting Pics Of Our Presents Under Our Tree.

Another Christmas is in the books. And it was a pretty damn good day filled with family, smiles, love, and laughter. And of course the kiddies loved their presents and they got along with minimal fighting, which is all that really matters to me.
A couple of years ago, I saw a Facebook post about not posting pics of your tree loaded with presents. It basically said that it's not cool to do that because not everyone can afford to get a bunch of presents for their kids and that it makes others feel bad. Ever since then, I found myself hesitating  to take and post that picture. Anyone that knows me knows that I'm not a materialistic person in any way, shape, or form, I'm not one to gloat about shit, and I certainly don't like making anyone feel bad. 

But here's the thing... While I totally understand the "why" behind that, Mike works his ass off even harder than usual in the weeks before Christmas. (We are broke as shit 90% of the year, so we go without- a lot. And we have had our fair share of lean Christmases because we had no money.) He does everything he can so that we can make sure the kiddies have a great Christmas. Between him busting his ass so hard, us cutting back on frivolous purchases in the months before the holiday, his generous holiday bonus, and me working hard to find some damn good deals on stuff to make that money stretch even further, we manage to make it work. And we even make sure to buy and donate gifts to those that are less fortunate, too. So no, I will not feel bad about what we put under the tree for our kiddies. In fact, being ashamed of being able to give our kids what we give them would be a gigantic middle finger right in my husband's face. Cuz believe me when I tell you that he worked his fingers to the bone for every single cent that we spend.
Thanks for all you do, babe.

Some may see the presents under our tree and think there are too many. Others may see them and think there aren't enough. But in the end, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. What matters is that this is my family and we do what works for us just like you do what works for you and yours. We need to stop worrying about trying to keep up with each other and/or out doing one another. Of course we need to be mindful of those less fortunate and help them out as much as we can but we also should be happy for those that "have". Because you just don't know what they went through to get what they have.
Go home, Santa.. You're drunk. Mamas got this.


I hope you all had a wonderful holiday full of love and light and that you have nothing but gratefulness in your hearts for all that you do have. Merry Christmas from my family to yours!

We all know who the center of attention is, uh? lol

I had to ask if she was ok cuz she wouldn't look up. Speechless is rare for her.
Her very first phone. And so it begins..

These gag gift boxes were just too awesome.

Laughing, cuz he had really believed it was an
"extra pocket" in a box
.

I think Mike was actually disappointed that his
gag gift box wasn't real. LOL!!








That smile just melts my heart.




10:13 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad