Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Can We Please Think Before We Post?!?

Ok, I'm going to be brutally honest here. Maybe even a little heated. And if you don't like what I have to say, that's perfectly fine with me. But damn it, it has to be said.

Your Facebook is your Facebook and yes, you are free to post damn near anything you please. BUT, there are just some things that you SHOULDN'T be posting. Things that you have zero business posting.

One that bothers me the most is when I'm scrolling through my newsfeed and I see a picture of a car accident. The post will usually say something like "omg! Bad accident at [insert location here]. I hope everyone is alright! Prayers!! "

Can I just ask you: what the fuck are you thinking posting that? Seriously, I genuinely want to know. Because here's the thing: for all you know, the accident victims loved ones may be scrolling through their feed and come across that picture. They might then recognize the car. YOU have just single handedly filled their head with thoughts of every possible scenario, including the worst scenario.

 You've filled their head and heart with fear. With heartache and worry.

For what??? For shock value so you could get a ton of likes? Or just so that you can be that person that knows of everything that happens in your town and everyone hears it from you first? Does that make you feel important or something?!?

Look, I'm not trying to be an asshole here, but, if you are not personally involved in the accident and taking pictures for insurance purposes, you have no business, NO BUSINESS taking pictures of it. AT ALL. 

Please read that again and let it soak in. 

Want to ask for prayers for the people involved? Then post that. Say "Man, I just drove past a terrible accident. Please send up some prayers for those involved?" But whatever you do, DO NOT take a damn picture of it and slap it on your fcebook page all willy nilly.

Ok, I'm finished. I'm stepping down from my soapbox and you can carry on with whatever you were doing. I would say that I'm sorry for venting, but I'm not. It needed to be said and I feel better now.
1:44 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad