Friday, January 27, 2017

What I've Been Up To..

A few months ago, while trying to breathe my way through a particularly brutal anxiety attack, I picked up a pencil and randomly started doodling on a piece of paper. Just something to try and occupy my mind.. What I didn't expect was that not only did my long lost love for drawing reemerge, but it started to ease my anxiety, too. I call that a definite win-win.

Next, I decided to try something that I have always sucked at: painting. I bought some basics and put the brush to canvas and what do you know? It also helped with the anxiety. There is just something so therapeutic about painting and I tend to lose myself more and more in each brush stroke.

I have since been working on teaching myself as much as possible. I'm not the greatest, but I am learning and that makes me very happy. But even if I never improve at all, I would be ok with that because it is helping me cope with my anxiety. The more I draw, and the more I paint, the less often my anxiety hits. And let me tell you.. That, my friends, is a beautiful thing.
Painting
The first few paintings that I've done
art-therapy
A few of my drawings.. Progress from a few months ago to now
I cannot wait to see if/how much I progress in the next few months. 
Hopefully the anxiety continues to be repelled by art.


1:47 AM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad