Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

While I love trying new recipes, there are just some recipes that I will never stray from. I have used them over and over again, and will never use a different one. This Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Recipe is one of them. 
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins on a tray

They started out as my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, and one day,  I randomly decided to try them as muffins. And it worked amazingly well as muffins. 

And that is literally how my Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins were born. From a random craving. 

These are super easy, make the entire house smell fantastic, and they are absolutely delicious. 

YOU NEED:
  • 1 and 3/4 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 4 large bananas, very ripe, mashed very well
  • 1/2 cup butter, MELTED AND COOLED 
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with your cupcake/muffin liners.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
  3. In medium bowl, mash your bananas. To the bananas, add your eggs, melted butter and vanilla and mix very well.
  4. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, just til incorporated.. DO NOT OVER MIX!!
  5. Pour batter into muffin tins to about 2/3 full and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or til golden and they pass the handy dandy toothpick test. 
  6. If you want a little extra something something, you can lightly dust the tops with powdered sugar. (But really, they are sweet enough on their own!)
I hope you love these as much as my family and I do! If you make these, I'd love for you to comment and let me know what you think! And feel free to share on Facebook and pinterest.. etc. After all, sharing is caring, right?! 

Love and Light!
4:00 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad