Monday, October 14, 2019

Fall Brookies

I love Brookies. I mean, brownies with cookies on top? Hello, that's a dream come true! What could be better than some plain old brookies? My Fall Brookies, that's what!!

What makes them "Fall" Brookies, you ask? Well, the cookies on top of these brownies are no ordinary cookies, my friends. No, they are my seriously ahhhhmazing Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Brookies

Those two combined, created an out of this world Fall Brookie that, you guessed it, is perfect for Fall! I made them for our first Annual Fall Dinner Party and they FLEW! 

Now, I LOVE baking from scratch, but lately I just haven't had the time for all that. So I started with a boxed brownie mix, added some tweaks and then topped it with my cookie dough. Super simple!

Now, I'm going to warn you, my cookie recipe makes A LOT of cookies. So, you can make the batter to use some on the brookies and then make some cookies, too. Or you can make the cookies and just save some for the brookies. Or you can use some for the Fall Brookies and freeze the rest for future use. I freeze that cookie dough all the time and they still bake up beautifully. 

Onto the recipe!

  1. Mix up the ingredients to make the cookie dough using the recipe linked above. 
  2. Preheat oven to whatever your box mix or recipe says. Spray your baking dish with cooking spray (I used an 8x8 dish) 
  3. Prepare your brownie mix as directed on the box, and then add the cinnamon and coffee. Stir well. 
  4. Pour brownie batter into baking dish and top with dollaps of cookie dough. Press the cookie dough down just a bit. 
  5. Bake however long the box tells you to, based on your size baking dish. 
  6. Cool completely, cut into squares, and serve em up!
I hope you enjoy these Fall Brookies as much as my family and I do! Do you have a favorite Fall recipe? I'd love to hear about it in the comments below!
8:30 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad