Thursday, January 5, 2012

Spinach and Tomato Rotini

     I was looking for a meal that would be quick and yummy and I didn't have a whole lot to work with. We were pretty low on food and grocery day was still a day or two away. I had seen something on the Food Network but hadn't copied down the recipe, couldn't remember the name of it OR who the hell had made it, so I just set out to see what I could figure out. What I came up with was seriously delicious, pretty healthy and the kiddies stuffed themselves with it! SCOOOOORE!!!

easy dinner ideas, dinner ideas

 You will need:
  • 1 box of rotini pasta, cooked according to package
  •  handful or two of fresh spinach, washed and dried
  • handful or two of grape or cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half
  • olive oil (I didn't measure, just enough to moisten everything up a bit)
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I use a 6 Italian Blend but any kind works so use whatcha like!)
  • Parmesan cheese to taste
Directions:

  1. In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Once boiling, salt your water well, add and cook your pasta per box directions.
  2. In a large pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the spinach. Cook for a couple minutes til spinach starts to really wilt down.
  3. Add your tomatoes and give it a good stir. Cover and let cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  4. When tomatoes and spinach are cooked to your liking, add the cooked pasta. toss well with the olive oil. Add your shredded cheese of choice and a generous helping of Parmesan cheese and toss it up.
That's it! All there is to it. That was simple enough, yes? Seriously simple but definitely delicious. This would be great served with some nice crusty garlic bread and a salad, too. Hope you enjoy!
12:53 PM / by / 4 Comments

4 comments:

  1. This looks really good...I think we may have to try this sometime this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is super delish and so simple! I think the next time I make it, I may actually throw some shredded cheese in as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O em here yummy love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was really yummy!! I think I'm going to have to "remake" this one a bit healthier real soon!

      Delete

Post Top Ad