Wednesday, October 31, 2012

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

     If you know me at all, then you know by now that I love Halloween. It is my favorite holiday. Money really prohibits me from being able to go all out, decoration wise, as does being the last house on a dead end by a creek. Too many lil punks around here to knock decorations down and/or steal them. Unless one day I can come up with the scariest, most awesome decoration. One that would make an attempted decor thief crap their pants thus thwarting their evil lil punk plans. Hmmm... I will be thinking about this further, you can believe that! 

 


     We had a Halloween Party to go to the Saturday before, and  I knew I wanted to dress up, cuz well, I always do. And I had no money for a costume for myself, cuz well, I never do. So I threw together a Dead Prom Queen costume. I have no full costume pics, cuz the dress I wore was a good 2 to 3 sizes too big from losing weight. (I was not about to go blow money on a fancy dress for a damn costume!) It was basically a dressy dress, Prom Queen sash, tiara (which was a gift from my birthday, so it actually said "Birthday Bitch" on it.) and make up. Nothing special. I had tried telling the kiddies that there was going to be a HUGE bonfire at the party but of course they didn't believe me.*Insert 13 year old "Yeah, okaaaay, mom" response here* That is until we were driving up and they saw the bonfire from waaaay down the road. lol I thought their eyeballs were going to pop out of their heads! Tho that would have been one hell of a party trick for Halloween, uh?

Driving up to the party

I LOVE this picture of M standing in front of the fire
     This year I was also L's room mother for her Halloween Party at school. (Holy crap was her class wiiiild as all hell and the other room mother had a serious chip on her shoulder.) Anyways, I just decided to paint my face up like a sugar skull. Tho I'm not the most artistically inclined, I did what I could do, and got a ton of "Ooohs and Ahhhs and Whoooooas and a few people getting really close to my face before realizing that it was face paint and not a mask.. PERSONAL SPACE PEOPLE! It's called personal space!

 








    
  My mom was worried it was going to scare little kids, which was quickly brushed away when theee cuuutest little blonde girl, had to have been about 4 or 5 years old, came to our door and said "ooooh!! I like your mask!" I said "Thank you! It's really paint." Which made her face light up even more, huge grin from ear to ear "OH! I reeeeally like your face paint!!" That was too. damn. awesome
11:00 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad