Monday, December 16, 2013

Greek Quinoa Salad... nom nom nom!

A light but filling delicious dinner
To say that I enjoyed this, would be a massive understatement! Even the fairly picky hubby loved it. As a matter of fact, he couldn't get enough of it! He kept going back to the bowl and picking at it. I had to fight him off of it so that I could have leftovers for lunch the next day. Lol! And actually, I wound up splitting it up and sending half of the leftovers with him in his lunch the next day. See what an awesome wife I am? Sharing my food? My delicious, mouthgasmic, light but super filling food, nonetheless. ;) Enough rambling, let's get this show on the road!

● 2 chicken breasts
● 1 cup uncooked quinoa
● 2 cup English Cucumber, diced
● 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
● 2 tsp garlic, minced
● 1/3 cup reduced fat feta crumbles
● 2 Tbsp Olive oil
● 2 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
● spinach and lettuce to serve it all on

★Cook up some chicken breast in the oven at 350ยบ. I had some fairly hefty breasts, so I sliced through them horizontally to make 1 breast into 2 (like 2 pieces of bread) so they took no time at all to cook.
★While that is cooking, cook up 1 cup of quinoa in 2 cups of water til boiling. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes til the water is all absorbed. Uncover, fluff, and let cool a bit.
★While THAT is cooking, in a large bowl, add 1 cup English cucumber diced, 1/4 cup sliced black olives, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1/4 cup reduced fat feta crumbles, 2 Tbsp Olive oil, 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice. Stir to combine.
★When everything is done cooking, and your quinoa has cooled a bit, add the quinoa to the mixture in the bowl. Toss it all together very well.
★Serve on a bed of lettuce and spinach and top with sliced chicken. Now go! Go on! Eat! You can thank me later! I'll still be here. ;)
4:52 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad