Thursday, February 8, 2018

15 Things To Do On A Snow Day

Think back to snow days from when you were a kid.. 

Waking up and peeking outside to see the world you knew covered in a thick blanket of snow. Huge drifts of snow as far as the eye could see was a thing of beauty. It was pure magic and you couldn't wait for all the fun that was sure to unfold! 

Now, as an adult with responsibilities and To do lists as long as your arm, snow days are usually seen as a pain in the royal ass. I get it.. I do. It's time off work and that's money out of your pocket. But we get so wrapped up in day to day adulting, that sometimes I think we just NEED the reminder to slow the hell down. 

To see the magic again and to live in the moment.

I'm going to be honest... even as an adult, I still freaking LOVE snow days. Which is funny, because I hate snow. See, I hate having to drive in the snow. And I hate being out in the snow cuz it's cold. But I love snow days cuz the kiddies and I don't have to do anything. There's no schedule to adhere to and we can just kick back and chill on the couch watching movies and drinking hot chocolate all day if we want to. Seriously, it doesn't get any better than that! 

Of course they would no doubt get bored after a while. (Really? I could do that all day. For real.) So here are 15 things to do during a snow day:

1) Read a book. Yes, that's my #1. Because people just don't read enough nowadays! And I personally love getting lost in a good book.

2) Pajama Day. Stay in your jammies all day while snuggled up under a blanket watching movies. (Extra points if you add hot chocolate to this scenario!)

3) Bake all the yummy things!! You KNOW you have like 3,147 recipes that you've pinned but have yet to have the time to try out. What are you waiting for?! A snow day? *ahem*

4) Lay down a blanket and have an indoor picnic on the living room floor.

5) Teach yourself a new skill. Knitting, crocheting, drawing, painting... etc. You can find resources online that teach you how to do just about anything your heart desires!

6) Play a board game or 10.

7) Get artsy and take pictures of all the snow covered things!

8) Make homemade Valentine's.

9) Two words: BLANKET. FORT.

10) Have an epic snowball fight.

11) Do you wanna build a snowman?? Go do it!!

12) Go sledding!

13) Make snow art!  (The kiddies had SO much fun doing this.. tho next time, I'd like to prepare better and use spray bottles or something. Lol!)

14) Go for a walk just to leave footprints in the snow.

15) Blast some music and have a random dance party.

As a last resort, I guess you could always catch up on cleaning the house?

Do you love snow days or hate them? What are your favorite snow day activities? 
5:58 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad