Saturday, July 16, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MAMA!

     Today is my mama's birthday, as well as her and my father's wedding anniversary. It tends to be a very bittersweet day since my daddy passed away. :( But she deserves to have a great day, she is a wonderful person, a fantastic mom and a wonderful Nana. My mom and  I didn't always get along, especially in my teen years... When I look back now, I feel awful for how I pushed her away, but I realize this was something I had to do... Part of growing up, I guess. I know I was really just being a typical teenager, but I really wish that I could take back all the times that I hurt her. There have been a few times where my son has said or done some things that really hurt me, and to think that that is not even one tenth of what I gave to MY mother or put her through... just.... man. She really MUST be an amazing woman since I am still here. LOL So anyways, to my mom:

    You have been there for me, no matter what I put you through. (and believe me- I know I put you through A LOT... if I could take it back, I would) You could've disowned me several different times and no one would have thought badly of you for doing so, I'm sure. ;) I know I was a handful, and for that I am sorry... I am so very glad that we have become so close. I know we have our spats, some quite a bit bigger than others, but you are one of my very best friends. There is NOTHING that I wouldn't do for you, and if I had the world to give, it would most certainly go to you.

     You have done SO much for me throughout the years, not to mention for my kiddies and for that, I will forever be grateful. I don't know where I would be today if not for you and your unconditional love. Anyone would be lucky to have you as their mama. (but they're gonna hafta fight me for ya!) To quote a cheeeesy song that I love, "My world is a better place, because of YOU." So, when you are down, or when we are fighting, or hell, whenever really, just remember that you are my mother, my friend, and I love you to no end!

     I hope you had a really nice birthday, because if anyone deserves some happiness, it's you.
11:00 PM / by / 2 Comments

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to your mom! I had to get some tissues while reading this. It's something I could've written to my mom.

    Actually, I just started writing a post for her since she just made a change in her life that she really needed and I'm so proud of her. Cheers to amazing mamas! I don't know what I would do without mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post Top Ad