Monday, March 4, 2013

People actually LIKE this shit?!?

So... There is this recipe that has been floating around the internet. A "3 ingredient blueberry pancake" recipe. I have heard and read people just RAAAVING about this recipe. Some of the claims?
  • "This was amazing. Tastes just like real pancakes!"
  • "Same texture, same taste, same everything. I can't believe it."
  • "Never dreamed they would taste this could. I could eat these everyday!"
    Supposedly, you take 1 large banana, 1 large egg and some blueberries. You mash up the banana, add the egg and mix well. Pour this out onto a griddle, add some blueberries and cook, flip, cook.

     Well ok, lets give this a try! I gathered my ingredients and set to work. Came together really quickly, of course, since it's only 3 ingredients. Time to flip... Ummm... shit. That did not work out very well. AT ALL. Took 3 mini pancakes before I was able to even remotely flip one cleanly. The result??
YUCK
     NOT GOOD. I may as well have scrambled eggs and thrown in some damn blueberries. I tried butter and syrup and even that couldn't rescue these things. Slightly rubbery and bland, bland, bland. Just terrible. I guess I can understand how some people could enjoy them. I mean, some people like that Nutrisystem food that tastes like cardboard. lol

My thoughts? WAH WAH WAH... Thumbs down, man.

Not to be thwarted, I whipped together my trusty Blueberry Pancake Recipe and threw together some Blueberry Compound Butter.

Ohhhhh YESSSS. So much better, don't you think?

Knock You Out Blueberry Pancakes:

You Need:
  • 1 and 1/4 cup flour, sifted
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 and 1/4 cup buttermilk (or 2 Tbsp vinegar in a measuring cup then add enough milk to reach the 1 cup mark. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes to "sour")
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 and 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (If you use frozen, thaw them first)
Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Mix well but be careful not to over mix.
  2. Gently fold in your blueberries. Seriously, be gentle. They never did anything to you!
  3. Heat a large pan over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
  4. Pour some batter (about 1/4 cup each if you need a measurement, but I eyeball it. Sometimes I want a mini pancake, other times I want big pancakes.) onto your hot pan. Let cook til it starts to bubble and the edges set. Flip and continue cooking for another couple minutes just til done.
  5. Now do this again and again til you have used up all of that lovely batter.
  6. That's it! You're done! Serve those lovely ladies up and wait for murmurs of approval.

These get the "Ryan Ann approved thumbs up"
9:32 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad