Sunday, March 19, 2017

Roller Derby Progress!!

FINALLY!!

There have been many roadblocks in my derby life. I mean, seriously, so many. Issues with my skates, issues with my feet, a foot injury, anxiety keeping me from skating.. the list goes on and on. So, while I have been doing the damn thang for over two years now, there were a good six months or so (off and on) when I wasn't skating much because I just couldn't. But this, this is more about the mental block. Being way too much in my own head. Thinking way too much. That's been my BIGGEST hurdle. And like I'm always telling everyone else "GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD. YOU'VE GOT THIS!" 

It was time to practice what I preach. 

 Two of my biggest struggles have been T-Stops and jumping. T-Stops I just plain struggled with cuz my foot just wouldn't go behind me and jumping while skating? I honestly never even tried. I used to jump on roller blades back in the day but in 2 years of derby I had NEVER even attempted it. 

After being in the Tinley Park Irish Parade this afternoon and then heading to practice, I was exhausted and way too in my own head. Leading up to jumps, I started having a panic attack. When it came my turn to jump, I did my lap but couldn't bring myself to do it. I teared up,  i was SO pissed at myself. So I shook myself out of my head, took another lap, and then....

 I. FUCKING. DID. IT. 

I jumped, not once, not twice, but 3 times!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!! (And I'm not ashamed to admit that I totally cried after I did it! Lmaooo) I also managed to T-stop AND half ass turn around toe stops. LOL. I feel on top of the fucking world. Ohhh Crossovers, I'm coming for you next! 😁😁😁
11:56 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad