Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Slow Down..

(I can't quite make out the name of who to give credit to for this picture. But it's on the side table thingy. Lol)
I've been reading a book called Women Living Well (by Courtney Joseph) And upon reading it, I came across this paragraph. It really hit me hard because it is so completely true. I just knew I had to share it. 

"Electricity has created an artificial day during our nights. Rather than sleeping like most of nature does, when the sun goes down we try to defy nature and keep going as if it is still daytime. We live in a world that runs 24/7. Computers, televisions, cell phones, the Internet, restaurants, grocery stores, and more are at our access around the clock. We try to keep pace with our hyperactive culture, and then we wonder why we, and some of our children, are so . . . well . . . hyperactive! 

We must slow down and create calm moments. It is in our unhurried moments that we can see and hear clearly. When we are on the go-go-go, we can’t see the person who is hurting and needs a hug. We can’t perceive our husbands’ need for our tender affection. We don’t have time to linger at the bedsides of our children to really listen. We don’t write an encouraging note to a friend who is hurting. We can’t enjoy the sunrise, a surprise game of hide-and-seek, or a spontaneous song of praise."

Seriously, how true is that?! Since reading this, I've really been trying my best to slow down a bit

To enjoy the little things more often. 

To look harder at who needs my help. 

And of course to get to bed earlier. LOL

And you know what? My stress level has been going down more and more each day. I wake up happier. I'm not as grouchy anymore. (I still have my moments, tho. I'm no saint!)

I urge you to slow down a bit and focus on the little things more. Because one day we're going to realize that those little things were actually the big things.  
What do you think of this? Does this hit home for you, too?
10:29 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad