Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Cupcakes

     I never claim to be a "pro" at decorating cupcakes or cakes... Hell, I don't even claim to be good at it. But I have fun doing it and my kiddies think they look good and really, that's all that matters to me. LOL Here are some Easter cupcakes that I whipped up this past weekend. Nothing special, really, but we sure enjoyed them.
Cute Easter Bunny Cupcakes
You Will Need:
  • 1 box Funfetti Cake Mix
  • 12 oz Raspberry Ginger Ale, warm
  • 1 tsp of Raspberry extract
  • Red food coloring (optional)
  • 24 "Spring" Oreo Cookies
  1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pans with cupcake wrappers.
  2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, ginger ale, raspberry extract and a drop or two of red food coloring (if desired.) Beat for a minute or two.
  3. Into each cupcake wrapper, drop an Oreo cookie.
  4. Scoop batter into each cupcake wrapper on top of each Oreo..
  5. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until they pass the handy dandy toothpick test. Watch them closely toward the end.
  6. Let cupcakes cool in muffin pans for 5 minutes or so, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
Basic "Buttercream" Frosting:
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup shortening (I use the Crisco Butter flavor one)
  • 6 cups powdered sugar
  • 2-4 Tbsp milk (depends on the consistency)
  • 1 and a 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • green food coloring (as little or as much as you need to reach the shade of green that you like for the grass)
  1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the shortening.
  2. About a cup to a cup and a half at a time, add in the powdered sugar while beating.
  3. Add the milk a Tbsp at a time until you reach the consistency that you like.
  4. Add the vanilla extract and green food coloring and give it a good mix with the beaters for another 2 minutes or so.
  5. Pipe some "grass" onto each cupcake. I garnished with a bunny Peep and some
    whopper robins eggs candies.
     And THIS, my friends, is where my mind goes when I am stalling on having to clean up the TERRIBLE mess I have made from baking. This was my daughters favorite one. LOL I give you, Bad Bunny Cupcakes.
Bad Bunny Cupcakes, Easter Cupcakes
Somebunny's been a baaaaad bunny. ;)

:
4:11 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad