Wednesday, June 15, 2011

9 Years and Counting!


Mr and I, 2011








9 Years!
9 Years!!

     Where has the time gone? I mean, really, 9 years? It kind of feels weird, tho, to be celebrating 9 years when we have been together for just under 14 years! Now THAT'S something. We have been together for almost half of my life!  I'm  not going to lie and say its been peaches and frickin' cream.There were a few moments where I really truly didn't think that we were going to make it. Nor did I want us to, if I'm being completely honest with you.We've had our ups and many many downs, some of which very nearly broke us beyond repair.

      But after everything we have been through, the blood, sweat, and tears, I can now stand back and say "This was worth it. This was really, really worth it." We are finally in a pretty damn good place and I find myself looking forward to many more years together. This is not to say that we are perfect and never argue or disagree, of course we do. The difference is that now, it's a lot less often and when we DO fight it's nowhere NEAR as bad. UGH! That makes me sooooo freaking happy to be able to say! 

So, to my hubby I say, "Thank you for working so hard for our family. Thank you for being here with me through the madness, For wiping my tears when I'm sad, for holding my hand when we walk, for laughing at my jokes, for being my friend... We've worked our tails off to get where we are today, but ya know what? I wouldn't have it any other way, because it makes me appreciate what we have THAT much more. Here's to growing old together. I love you, babe.
1:39 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad