Thursday, June 30, 2011

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER!!!

Today is my brother Jason's birthday. His 35th birthday to be exact! hehehe I really wish at times like these that we lived closer. We're not reeeeeally all that far away, but we are both busy with... well, life. I love him to death, though so as my little tribute to him, here are my top ten memories of my brother. :)

  1. I was maybe 9 years old and wanted to be Cyndi Lauper and he wanted to crimp my hair (no clue why!) so I let him and he burned my forehead! He begged me to not tell our mom, but of course, like the little brat I was, I did.
  2. When I was about 10 we had a nasty storm about to start and my mom sent me outside to get something out of the car. I was scared so Jason came with me. While outside, the sky opened up and it started hailing like crazy and I was TERRIFIED! I couldn't move, so he threw me over his shoulder, yelled "just don't fart!" and ran with me back into the building. (aaaaaand of course I farted. sorry!!)
  3. Getting ready to go to bed every night and I had to turn the light off and walk across the the room to get to my bed. As soon as I'd turn the light off, he'd go "CH CH CH AH AH AH... CH CH CH AH AH AH... (think Friday the 13th) and then he'd start "Ryyyyyan Aaaaann... I'm under your bed, Ryyyyan Aaaaann, I'm going to get yoooooou." Needless to say, I would take as few steps as I could and launch myself into my bed and bury myself under the blankets.
  4. Going to watch my brother's football games. (all the way from High School to College.) I was always SO proud. "That's MY big brother," I'd think to myself. I was STOKED when he got me one of the jerseys with his number on it!
  5. My dad was cleaning and prepping a goose in the kitchen and there was a knock at my bedroom door. I opened it to find Jason holding out a goose head attached to a goose neck, but nothing else! "Ryan Ann! Pet me! Pet me, RyanAnn!" LMAO!!!
  6. One snowy day at my bus stop (I think I was in 5th grade), a bunch of kids were harassing me and the ring leader grabbed a pile of snow and shoved it in my face. I was so upset... The next morning however, I was filled with pride as Jason walked to the bus stop with me, chewed the kids out and then shoved snow in the ring leader's face. He made him swear he would NEVER bother me again. And you know what? He NEVER did. (My brother was a pretty muscular guy!)
  7. One morning (8th grade) I didn't want to go to school and was arguing with my mom about it, insisting that I was NOT going. Without thinking, I punched a hole in my bedroom wall. Just as my fist went through that wall, I heard my mom yell "YOU BETTER NOT HAVE PUT A HOLE IN THAT WALL!!!" My brother- who was home from college- jumped up and stood between my mom and I (to save my life, I'm sure) and told me I had better go get ready for school. NOW.
  8. When we were taking my brother to college for the first time, I got to ride down there with my brother. This is one of my absolute favorite memories and believe me when I say that as I type this one, my eyes are tearing up. It was just him and I, driving in his car, listening to music and talking. Every time I hear the song Far Behind by Candlebox, I flashback to that moment. And it was just... idk... I really think that was the moment when I stopped thinking of him as just my brother, and started thinking of him as my friend. 
  9. When he walked me down the aisle at my wedding and handed me off to my daddy.  (oooh! and dancing with him at my wedding to Celine Dion's Because You Loved Me. I can't think of a better song to sum up how I feel about him!) That day, he also stood in as a groomsman since one of ours was a total no-show. (nice huh?)
  10. Seeing my brother become a father. I always KNEW he would make an amazing dad, and I was right. Those are three very lucky kiddies.

So, again, Happy Birthday Jason. Thank you SO much for always being there for me, AND for always being there for Michael-Ryan.You truly are an amazing person and I love you endlessly, my brother, my friend.
7:10 PM / by / 3 Comments

3 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh and got me all teary at the same time. It didn't make me fart though...maybe next time. ;) My hubby shares your brother's b-day.

    I remember the band Candlebox and wore out their cd by playing the song Far Behind over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and my stepdad would do the ch ch ch ah ah ah when I was younger and it would scare the hell out of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! I guess I'll have to try a little harder next time to get that fart! :D I STILL overplay that song. I seriously think I have burned it onto at least 20 different mixed CDs just in the last 2 years or so. :)

    And, I share your pain, as it scared the living craaaap out of me, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post Top Ad