Thursday, January 31, 2013

Things I'm Thankful For Thursday

     Hmmm... Today is one of those tough days where I really have to search the dark recesses of my mind for something that I am thankful for. Which, really is saddening considering I have plenty to be thankful for. I've been in quite a funk the last few days tho, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. Maybe, a little. Yeeeah, ok, I'm sure that has A LOT to do with it.

     Even as I am writing this, I'm having to fight off all the negative thoughts that are bombarding me. I feel like I'm trying to recognize a friend's face while walking through a room filled with nothing but faceless people. If that makes any sense?? The point is, I realize that it's most important to think of things I'm thankful for at times like these. It's easy to come up with things when life is going fucking peachy. Not so much when life starts throwing you the middle finger. So, I'm throwing life MY exclamation-point-tattooed middle finger and digging deep for this one. I will find something, no matter how small it may be today.

     Ya know what? It is absolutely freeeeezing out today.. I am very thankful that my kiddies and I have a roof over our heads and warm clothes to wear as well as food in our bellies. Many out there, do not. In fact, Mike and I actually had the following conversation about this while we were outside smoking, freezing our asses off:

  • Mike: "Man, it's freezing!"
  • Me: "Nah, it's not thaaat bad yet.
  • Mike: "Damn! I'm glad I'm not homeless, I don't know how they do it. They are fucking hardcore, man."
  • Me: *MEGA face palm* " Did you really just say that? It's called not having a choice. They do what they gotta do. Do you think they want to be outside in this?"
  • Mike: "OH... Well...ummm... no... like I said, they are fucking hardcore."
  • Me: -_-
  • Mike: "Shut up!!"
  • Me: "I didn't say anything at all." *goes back inside to finish cooking and thinks about locking him outside for a bit.*
     Don't worry, I didn't do it. Just thought about it. Kinda like the time I thought about setting him on fire. But that's a story for another time.

     Oh, and hey! FYI I didn't set him on fire, either.

    
10:59 AM / by / 2 Comments

2 comments:

  1. Ryan Ann what a great blog. I follow all your wonderful recipes and those delicious looking desserts. Hope your new little is doing well. Keep on blogging and I will be one of your followers. You say it like it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO VERY MUCH! I really appreciate that! Lil Miss Josie is doing great, already trying very hard to walk. This first year is just flying by. I try to just say what I think, as long as it's not hurting anyone. Thanks again for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post Top Ad