Friday, February 1, 2013

Sometimes I wish I had the perks of being the husband...

     Well, no. I take that back. Clarification: I wish I had the perks of being the husband of a really good wife. Not one of those really selfish, uptight broads. You know, the ones that talk to/treat their husband like a child, that don't ever cook, that spend all the money left and right, expecting only the finest houses, gifts, vacations... etc. Then, after all of that, still doesn't give up a piece of ass and put out? Cuz, ummm, yeah. That would fucking suck.

     I really just mean that... I don't know what I mean. I'm tired, mentally and physically, and need a break. Sometimes I just wish that I could be the husband and work all day then come home and kick my feet up while someone cooks me a damn awesome dinner, cleans up after me, asks me about my day, takes care of all the kiddie related shit sparing me from having to do it, bitch and moan when things aren't done right but never have to attempt to do them myself...

     Now, before I sound like a total bitch, let me just say this. I am very appreciative of the fact that I have a husband that busts his ass at work all day so that I have the opportunity to stay home with the kiddies. And I totally understand that after working all day, he is tired when he gets home and wants to sit and unwind for a bit. I absolutely get that, hell, I encourage him to try and unwind. Everyone needs a chance to unwind, especially after a long day.

     The problem, tho my friends, is that, "Hello! I need a fucking break too, sometimes!" While I don't work outside of the home, being a full time mama is damn hard. I don't sit on my ass, watching tv while eating bon bons all day. I don't get time off. I'm on call 24/7/365. I don't get to be sick and be able to focus my energy on recuperating. I get to be sick and continue on like nothing is wrong. Which is probably why it takes me so long to get over even the slightest cold. I deal with the good, the bad, the ugly, the disgusting, so that you don't have to. I get to teeter over the metaphorical edge of my breaking point, while metaphorical people keep handing me metaphorical boulders to hold. All while being expected to keep my mouth shut and continue on. Not that I always keep my mouth shut, because that my friends, would be a lie. lol

     I know this was one hell of a rant and I'm sorry for that. In fact, this whole post was originally only going to consist of that very first paragraph. Guess I just had a lot that I needed to get out. In the end tho, I deal what I deal with because I love my family. They are my world and I'll find a way to deal with whatever gets thrown my way. It sure keeps my life exciting! Every now and then tho, I need to spew forth everything that I keep bottled up inside. Bottles only hold so much before they need to be emptied, you know. And now that I have unloaded some of the weight from my shoulders, I feel better and I can go about my day feeling a bit lighter and breathing a bit easier.

     If you could trade places with your spouse for a day, would you? How would you do things differently? Which of your spouse's tasks do you think you would most struggle with? Which of your tasks do you think your spouse would most struggle with?

     I leave you with this gem.

12:55 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad