Thursday, February 21, 2013

Things I'm Thankful For Thursday

     I am thankful that I have some seriously awesome friends, each amazing in their own way, who are always there for me when I need them.

     There's Jess. Jess and I have been through the wringer together. She has seen me through some pretty damn dark times, always offering her shoulder, (and sometimes even a "Cheeeer up, Charliiiie..." in a singsong voice.) She is artistic and thoughtful and always has my back. I know that if I need some honest advice, I can always go to her and she won't sugarcoat shit. If I'm being an asshole she will tell me "Hey, chill, you're kinda being an asshole." (Hey, we all have our moments!) For quite a while we had a dark drive routine. If one of us was stressed out or feeling anxious, we'd jump in the van, stop for a cup of coffee, load a CD made for such occasions, take off down the darkest roads we could find, and just drive. Sometimes til 3 or 4 in the morning. In those moments, speeding down the darkest of tree lined roads, the perfect mix of music playing, smoking, windows all the way down (even in the dead of winter) so that the wind whipped through our hair, there was no need for words. I swear, we were just perfectly on the same wavelength. There were some moments, during those drives, that proved that we were exactly where we were supposed to be at that exact moment. I take comfort in those memories. And damn do I miss our drives.

     There's Erika. She is an amazingly fucking talented artist and I can't wait to see where her art will take her, as I just know there are great things in her future. From her awesome clothes, always rocking hair, great taste in music, to her humongous fucking heart, Erika is suuuuper sweet and generous. She likes what she likes and doesn't give a damn what you think, which I fucking love about her. She also has seen me through some really rough times. When she doesn't know what to say in a situation, she simply offers me comfort and lets me know she is there, which is sometimes all I really need. I shudder to think how many of my sob stories she has endured. And fuck is she a blast to drink with.

     There's Patty. Patty is super artistic and plays one meeeean ass guitar. Seriously, I've heard her play SO many times, and I'm still amazed every time. Talented bitch! She and I have the whole "tough bitch" thing in common in that we both talk the talk and damn sure walk the walk. Patty is so insanely funny that it's sick. She has quite literally had me nearly pissing myself from laughing countless times. She is empathetic and strong both in heart and will. I know that I can always count on her to lift my spirits and make me laugh when I need it most. I miss the summer nights spent chilling on her porch, shooting the shit, listening to her sing while she strummed her guitar.

     Then of course there is Brina. Ohhhh Brina. Brina and I are very much sisters in soul. She is an amazing mama, SO fucking kindhearted, generous and alwaaaays has my back. Brina just gets me in a way that I don't think anyone else ever could. She has seen me through my absolute darkest of times, she has picked me up off the floor many times and even held me up when I didn't have the strength or will to stand up on my own. If I ever need anything at all, Hell, if I wanted the stars from the sky to decorate my bedroom with, I know that she would move Heaven and Earth to try and make it happen. And I would do the same for her. She knows my deepest darkest secrets, things that not one other soul in the world knows. I trust her totally and completely. After almost 16 years of friendship, there are just too damn many favorite moments and memories between us to name just one. I can't wait til Summer so we can start having our swimming/BBQ/bonfire weekends again.

     There are a few more, but these are my Rocks. I love each one of them for who they are and appreciate the hell out of them. I truly don't know what I would do without them, aside from lose my fucking mind. Thank you guys, for everything. You mean more to me than you may ever really know.
5:00 AM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad