Sunday, February 21, 2016

Whole30 Day 6... Kill ALL The Things..

Ohhhh, Day 6, you sneaky bastard...
I know that different people react differently on the Whole30 and some people don't experience what the time line suggests. I myself have definitely not experienced things the way the time line suggests. I have yet to have an extremely tired day and I haven't experienced "the hangover" yet. But I'm starting to wonder if maybe I have gone through it but just didn't realize it because feeling crappy is my normal. Does that make sense? Like, my "normal" is so crappy already so I wouldn't recognize that I'm suddenly feeling crappy? I don't know...

What I DO know is that today I woke up feeling good. And literally by the time I got downstairs I was in the worst mood ever. No joke.

This is what the Whole30 Website says:

"Days 4-5: Kill ALL the things! Day 4 dawns and you tentatively step out of bed, expecting to feel like you took a strike from Thor’s hammer in the temple. Instead, your head is surprisingly clear. Your limbs all feel functional. This could be a good day! You walk into the kitchen and as you’re greeted by the smiling face of your significant other you are suddenly overcome…with the desire to punch them in the face for smiling this early in the morning. Congratulations! You’ve made it to day 4!"  

This was entirely accurate except this is my Day 6. I was getting snippy with my mom and irritated with the kiddies. I got a headache that just didn't want to go away so I made breakfast for everyone and went back upstairs to try and sleep it off. Didn't work. I woke up, (still with the headache) made a late lunch, and then proceeded to chew my poor hubster out. I yelled at him, for no real good reason. I immediately realized today must be "Kill All The Things" and started crying. I went upstairs to apologize to the hubster for being a bitch and started crying more. I couldn't stop.

Shortly after, I had to leave for a meeting for roller derby and then I had practice. Know where the meeting was at? Dunkin Donuts. What have I been craving almost non stop since I started this Whole30? Yup. A huge Dunkin Donuts coffee and a coffee roll or three. Soooo, guess what I wound up getting myself? Nothing. That's right, I didn't get a daaaamn thing. I'm pretty proud about that!

I didn't do anything at practice tonight. I just couldn't get out of my head/mood. I'm feeling very discouraged with my progress with Derby but I need to not focus on that right now while I'm not in my right mind.
Loooong story cut a bit shorter, I made it through Day 6. Onto Day 7, baby. Bring. It. Onnnnn.
11:27 PM / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad